Wednesday, August 19, 2015

That Big News

Yesterday, I promised that I would be able to share big news soon.

It arrived sooner than I expected, and I am able to share it today.

I have signed with an agent!

And not just any agent: I've signed with Julie Crisp, former editorial director at Pan Macmillan’s Tor imprint.  She's worked with some of the best in the business, including Ann Cleeves, Peter F. Hamilton, China Mieville, and Adrian Tchaikovsky.

Here's the official press release, via The Bookseller.

The manuscript she's representing at the moment is At Close of Day, a near-future crossover thriller that "explores the lengths that society will go to in order to find a cure for humanity’s greatest threat – death."

That's the short version. The slightly longer explanation is that ACoD involves neuroscience, hacking, artificial intelligence, cyber warfare, a scientist on the run for her life, and online gaming, and it was inspired by the poetry of Dylan Thomas.

I'm thrilled to be working with Julie on bringing this exciting project to the public. Her editorial background working with some of the biggest names in genre means a tremendous opportunity to bring the best possible book to readers everywhere.

I can't wait to be able to share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment